Types of Mental Illness
1. Anxiety Disorders: These disorders involve excessive fear or worry, and can include panic disorder, phobias, generalised anxiety disorder, and social anxiety disorder.
2. Mood Disorders: These disorders involve abnormal changes in mood, such as depression and bipolar disorder.
3. Psychotic Disorders: These disorders involve the loss of contact with reality, and can include schizophrenia and delusional disorder.
4.Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD): This disorder involves intrusive and unwanted thoughts, as well as repetitive behaviours.
5. Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD): This disorder involves difficulty concentrating, hyperactivity, and impulsivity.
6. Personality Disorders: These disorders involve rigid and unhealthy patterns of thinking, feeling, and behaving, and can include borderline personality disorder, narcissistic personality disorder, and antisocial personality disorder.
At Elevate Medical, we know that mental health is a journey. Contact us today to learn more about our services and to schedule an appointment.